The INFORMATION REPORT Structure
- A general opening statement in the first paragraph
- This statement tells the audience what the text is going to be about.
- This can conclude a short description of the subject.
- This can include a definition of the subject.
- A series of paragraphs about the subject
- Each paragraph usually begins with a topic sentence.
- The topic sentence in the beginning of each paragraph previews the information contained in the rest of the paragraph.
- The sentences after this preview give more details.
- Each paragraph should give information about one feature of the subject.
- hese paragraphs build a description of the subject of the report.
- These paragraphs may include technical language that is related to the subject.
- A concluding paragraph (optional)
- The concluding paragraph signals the end of the text.
- This paragraph can summarize the report.